Issue & Accomplishment 3
Assuring High Tax Payer Value
- Tax decrease & freeze. All township homeowners received a decrease in Road District tax in 2019 and a freeze for 2020, at the same time services were increased, roads were improved & pot hole free, all staff received fair pay and timely raises.
- Maintained Wayne Township roads with the lowest cost per mile in DuPage County
- Instituted a new method of road building Heater Scarification, which is long lasting and environmentally responsible (for more see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaoM21L0fiI)
- Instituted new method of De-icing roadways, which reserves road salt and is environmentally responsible (for more see http://time.com/5761/salt-shortage-triggers-beet-juice-cheese-brine-alternatives/)
- Replaced the entire fleet of trucks (15 years old) and outdated equipment with industry top quality & efficient trucks & equipment. All paid for with no outstanding debt.